Starting on August 16, 2019, Ms. Lainhart will serve as the Director of Aquatics & Track and will be responsible for overseeing a high-functioning area including all aspects of the Aquatic and Track facility. Ms. Lainhart will work closely with all of the staff and stakeholders to provide strategy, coordination, communication, and successful management of the new facility. She will be assuming the primary operational responsibility for the Aquatic Center at Mylan Park. Ms. Lainhart will also be responsible for supporting park users, tenants, lessees, and stakeholders through the development and execution of the Park’s program plan.
Previously, Ms. Lainhart served as a Sports Program Specialist for the County of Arlington Parks and Recreation Department. There, she directly supervised and provided leadership for 4 full-time managers, oversaw a team of 21 additional full-time employees, and over 150 part-time staff for all of the aquatics and gymnastics programs and operations for the County of Arlington residents and the surrounding DC metro area. She led strategic planning for the future of individual sports programs in Arlington County, designed and implemented numerous individual sports programs, aquatics and gymnastics classes, and competitive teams at multiple locations. She was a very active participant in the division and department decision making including strategic planning, change management, and performance measurement. In addition, she served in a liaison role to the Arlington County board appointed citizen commission on sports and aquatics.
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, George Mason University
Certifications / Associations:
- Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (3/2016-present)
- Water Safety Instructor (10/1998-present)
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer (3/2020-Present)
- Red Cross First Aid CPR Instructor (2008-present)
- Red Cross Lifeguard instructor (2019-present)
- Aquatic Facility Operator Course (good through 2022)
- Certified Pool Operator (good through 2024)