Starting on August 19, 2019 and serving as the Coordinator of Events and Reservations, Mr. Hearn has the direct responsibility of scheduling all park properties for both internal and external reservations. The setup, teardown, and event coordination are vetted through Mr. Hearn’s position. Mr. Hearn will also oversee all special events that are hosted and coordinated by park staff, manage the scheduling of all facility spaces within the Park, as well as all scheduling of any future facilities. He will conduct contract negotiations with outside users of the facility, develop invoices, letters of agreements, and confirmations for all rentals, while developing innovative strategies to increase external rentals, coordinating pre-rental meetings with perspective rental groups, and ensuring proper execution of rentals at all large-scale events. Mr. Hearn will coordinate staffing for all facility rentals and special events, directly oversee rental and event setup and tear down crews and maintain vendor relationships as they relate to event management. Lastly, Mr. Hearn will develop and enforce policies and procedures for the park (facility space priorities, facility access, rules, etc.), and develop program and service assessments for the facility areas of responsibilities.
Previously, Mr. Hearn served as the Coordinator of Competitive & Recreational Sports for the University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Campus Recreation. He supervised the overall operations of approximately 80 club sport teams and 2,900 athletes by creating master schedules, event management, facility management, risk management, and legality. He also facilitated department sponsored one-day tournaments and special events for university members, Counsel recruits regarding participation in the Pitt Club Sports program through meetings and tours. He was responsible for scheduling all recreational facilities including intramurals, club sports, group exercise classes, university organizations, and outside entities. He provided athletes with personal and professional growth opportunities through leadership workshops, he is an advocate for student retention by intervening with students in an individualized setting who are identified as at-risk academically, mentally, or emotionally. He advised the Pitt Club Sports Council by meeting bi-weekly to discuss important issues, hosting monthly meetings, and organizing the Pitt Club Sports End-of-Year Banquet. He also managed climbing wall operations by supervising 15 student employees, developing policies and procedures, ordering equipment, risk management, and hosting special events.
- Master of Arts, Student Affairs in Higher Education, Slippery Rock University
- Bachelor of Science, Sport Management, California University of Pennsylvania
Certifications / Associations:
- First Aid/CPR/AED (American Red Cross)
- QPR Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention Training (QPR Institute)
- Coaching Principles (Human Kinetics)
- Registered Athletic Administrator (NIAAA)
- National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA)
- National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAAA)
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Pennsylvania College Personnel Association (PCPA)
- Student Affairs Graduate Association (SAGA)
- Pennsylvania State Athletic Director’s Association (PSADA)